Google
 

วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 6 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2551

Domain Names - Where Do They Go When They Die?

By Jason D Dutch

One night I couldn't sleep - okay, there have been more than one of those - but this one night, I got restless thinking about my internet business ideas. After tossing and turning and planning, I decided to get up and check out the availability of some of the domain names that might work for the ideas I was having. I registered 27 domain names that night. Just to secure them in case I might later want to pursue those ideas.

I hung on to all of them for a year and then renewed 19 of the domain names. Some I tried to develop, some I did develop, and others I still have just in case.... As the availability of good solid domain names dwindled, I was glad that I had registered some pretty decent names.

So what happened to those great 4 a.m. ideas I had? Well at least one of them was picked up and turned into a virtual goldmine by someone else. Some of the others have been moderately successful. Some not so successful. But every single one has been picked up by someone else.

Domain names are like acquaintances and some turn into friends and some just drift away - out of your life. But that does not mean that they have disappeared. They have just gone on to make new acquaintances. Or in the case of domains, they have gone on to be the repository of someone's else's dreams and wisdom.

This is a very good thing for marketers because when you find that exact idea, you don't want to have to give it some long cumbersome name like thisismydreamdomainnameaboutgoldfish.com. It's just too long. It is much better to be able to look around for some newly free domain names that have been rescued from the languishing pile of recently released names.


You think all good domain names are gone or extremely expensive? Well, they are not. Jason Dutch owns and operates JasonsDomains.com where where he lists up to 800 premium domain names and accepts 70% of all "Name Your Own Price" bids. Find the perfect domain at JasonsDomains.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:


eXTReMe Tracker