Google
 

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 27 กรกฎาคม พ.ศ. 2551

How Do I Get a Dot Com?

By Darren Webb

Many people start out in various ways on the internet to start either a new career or part time business.

Some do this as a hobby with an intent to progress further and some take it a little more serious and aim to quit their day job and work from home full time ( Like me - and you if you follow my blog regular )

You should aim to keep a time honored saying in the back of your mind at all times

"Treat a business like a hobby and it wil pay like one...Treat it like a business and it will pay like one"

One of THEE biggest things I hate to see is URL's that go on and on and on.

You know the ones.....http://www.greatsite.com/wrtvxu/wuxuxu/nshgps/1132ed7dn0/msj86.html

It is sometimes an affiliate site of some kind that your promoting like "Hi everyone go to my site at http://www.greatsite.com/wrtvxu/wuxuxu/nshgps/1132ed7dn0/msj86.html and see my great product"

Does that look and sound profession to you?

I know the very first thing I do when I go through my inbox is look for all the URL's that are ike this. They are then filed in a special file ....you may have heard of it - DELETE

This is a No 1 tip by any professional marketer out there today - GET A DOMAIN NAME OF YOUR OWN.

A typical .com is around $10 per year.......$10....its a no brainer for the amount of interest that you get from folks who will show an interest in your domian and your business card will be not the size of an A4 sheet of paper.

Getting a domain is really easy and I'm going to show you how to do this and then how to make your affiliate site or what ever site your promoting look like your domian each and every time.

There are a few domain companies out there today however I choose www.godaddy.com evertime.

This is not a "Go there and I'll get an affilate commision" statement and I don't work for this company,its just my own personal preference to use and is so easy.

1, Register for an account at godaddy.com

2, Search for your prefered domian name ( go for a .com if possible and remember to keep with a theme of your product and one that you and others will remember)

3, Register and pay

4, Go into the back office and click on forward - domain - cut and paste your LONG domain in the box provided and then hit ok

You long domain will soon then have its own professional looking .com

I hope this has helped you

To obtain the latest information of how the LIVE experiment is going and get your FREE list building course today at http://www.whoisdarrenwebb.com

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:


eXTReMe Tracker